miércoles, 3 de mayo de 2017

Obsession Time: Prison Break and Origami!

Good afternoon, my dears, how are you?

In this opportunity, following with this renovated love I have for Prison Break, I want to tell you a little bit about Origami.
Origami is the art of paper folding, which is often associated with Japanese culture. In modern usage, the word "origami" is used as an inclusive term for all folding practices, regardless of their culture of origin.
Michael Scofield's fans knows that that's his legendary way to communicate, doing little origami birds. 

Recently I decided to do me a tattoo and I've being looking for a symbol to have on my skin that honors the love I feel for my family, but...

If we search Origami on google, the famous shape it's called "The Crane", right?

But...

Does Micheal does a Crane?
Apparently doesn't and I've being this couple of days trying to figure it out if it is a Crane or a Swan and I think I hit the spot. This curiosity arises me because I want this as my new tattoo, not just because it's part of the show that means so much to me but the meaning of the symbol itself. But then, it's a crane or a swan?

The crane tattoo has this meanings: wisdom, elegance, peace and love for life.
The swan instead: Eloquence, intelligence and the gift of poetry, beauty, purity, chastity, loyalty, love and family. *-* (I think you already know what I choose. Lol)

Recapping: This is the origami bird from the Prison Break Season 1 promo:


And we watch it along the show:


Sara, in one episode calls him "Michael Crane", so then; it's not a swan?


And this is the bird from the Season 5 promo:


In this season, Lincoln tells to C-Note that "The Swan" has being the Michael's favorite way to communicate...

Wait!

The Swan?

So here's the moment when I was hit for the dilema. If you google "Origami Crane" you would enter on a vegetative state trying to figure it out if it's the same, the swan and the crane, or not. But, it's easy to find the differences.

Why?

Because THIS it's an Origami Crane.


Tweeting with Alicia (@SPN_MishaLuv) about this we could get to the conclusion that yes, it is a Swan and not the Crane.

So, honoring Prison Break, honoring this symbol and practice, I made my own Origami Swan!


What do you think?

Here it is a toturial to do it thanks to Fringe Hobby Channel:


Enjoy the things you love :D follow me on instagram @EiraProd or @RoraimaC or on twitter @RoraimaC

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Interlude: Fanfiction - "You were born a Scofield!" (Prison Break) by me

One shot. Michael, Sara and Mike. Prison Break. The moment when they'll be together, safe. I thought about something larger, but it&...